📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Learn about all the features, apps, and settings of your iPhone

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I stop my apps from rearranging themselves when I move one of them.

Just got my first iPhone, it's an iPhone 13, and having trouble with my home screen. Whenever I move a single apps icon, all the other apps icons rearrange themselves. How do I prevent this from happening?

Any help is much appreciated.

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 28, 2023 2:25 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2023 2:45 PM

Looked it up and sadly I use photos as my background, hence, why I want to arrange the apps icons a curtain way on the home screen.

Thanks again for the help!

4 replies

Jan 28, 2023 2:38 PM in response to lyle132

You're welcome.

There are some "ninja tricks" you can use if you want your apps to appear in a certain way on your Home Screen. Maybe you only want apps on the bottom lines - then you can fill spaces you don't want app icons on with blank icons.

Search Google for "blank app icons ios" maybe it can be the solution for you.

How do I stop my apps from rearranging themselves when I move one of them.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.