Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My PayPal card reader

Hello, I’m an independent contractor and use a PayPal card reader to accept payments. After the most recent update my phone can’t detect my card reader anymore. The screen will say detecting reader but not reader detected so I can’t swipe people’s cards. Right now I’m having to manually type in their info which takes a higher fee than swiping it. What happened in the new update that’s causing this and when will it be fixed?

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 28, 2023 3:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2023 5:32 PM

It may well be a Paypal issue with the most recent update and for that Johnathan, is correct in that you need to contact them for help with their reader.

After every iOS update, I force restart all of my devices after update. If you haven't tried that, try it and if it still doesn't work, then you'll need to reach Paypal.

Here is how to Force Restart an iPhone:

1. Press and quickly release the volume up button
  2. Then press and quickly release the volume down button
  3. Then press and keep holding the side power button. Keep holding it until the screen goes dark and keep holding until you see the Apple Logo, then let go.
  4. Sign in with your passcode when prompted and test your reader
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2023 5:32 PM in response to Kikoryoren

It may well be a Paypal issue with the most recent update and for that Johnathan, is correct in that you need to contact them for help with their reader.

After every iOS update, I force restart all of my devices after update. If you haven't tried that, try it and if it still doesn't work, then you'll need to reach Paypal.

Here is how to Force Restart an iPhone:

1. Press and quickly release the volume up button
  2. Then press and quickly release the volume down button
  3. Then press and keep holding the side power button. Keep holding it until the screen goes dark and keep holding until you see the Apple Logo, then let go.
  4. Sign in with your passcode when prompted and test your reader

My PayPal card reader

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.