Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

setting up child's account with appleid

I am having difficulty getting past the 'consent' section of creating a child account via my family sharing with my appleid. I already had paypal as my payment method. I get sent a code via text, i get a message saying 'error, try again later'. I have tried on my iphone and on my mac. I added a VISA payment method and it is still not letting me proceed any further. None of the answers online are useful as it merely says to follow the instructions. The instructions don't allow you to get any further.

iPad (10th gen) WiFi

Posted on Jan 28, 2023 7:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2023 11:58 PM

Wondering if your child has an Apple ID of their own,

and which instructions you are following.

Eg: Would this article be helpful:

Set up your child's device so they can use Family Sharing, keep their device secure and more. If you've already set up your child’s device, you can still adjust settings and set up features.

Help your child set up an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

or help to: Set up Family Sharing – Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 29, 2023 11:58 PM in response to Penelope_Hyde

Wondering if your child has an Apple ID of their own,

and which instructions you are following.

Eg: Would this article be helpful:

Set up your child's device so they can use Family Sharing, keep their device secure and more. If you've already set up your child’s device, you can still adjust settings and set up features.

Help your child set up an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

or help to: Set up Family Sharing – Apple Support

setting up child's account with appleid

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.