Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Clicking Noise when lid is closed

My MacBook has been doing a clicking noise when the lid is closed. I come to find out it’s notifications trying to push through. Because when I open the lid all my notification sounds go off. Therefore I always need to turn off my sound on my computer before closing the lid. Anyone else have this happening?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.1

Posted on Jan 28, 2023 7:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2023 5:39 AM

Jordanstahl wrote:

My MacBook has been doing a clicking noise when the lid is closed. I come to find out it’s notifications trying to push through. Because when I open the lid all my notification sounds go off. Therefore I always need to turn off my sound on my computer before closing the lid. Anyone else have this happening?

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes, security updates is macOS Ventura 13.2

— I would start there

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 29, 2023 5:39 AM in response to Jordanstahl

Jordanstahl wrote:

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes, security updates is macOS Ventura 13.2

— I would start there

Clicking Noise when lid is closed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.