Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I wipe a MacBook Pro that won’t turn on?

I want to recycle my old MacBook Pro but can’t turn it on to restore to factory settings. See attached photo for what appears when I try to turn it on. How can I wipe it? Thanks

Posted on Jan 28, 2023 11:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2023 3:25 AM

Hi,

As far as I read your screen kernel panic log, I can't get what the caused by your MacBook Pro kernel panic, or it could be power management issue, though resetting SMC could solve your issue.

Reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

Then restart up in Recovery Mode could you restore to factory setting of your internal drive.

Use macOS Recovery on an Intel-based Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 29, 2023 3:25 AM in response to lauraay

Hi,

As far as I read your screen kernel panic log, I can't get what the caused by your MacBook Pro kernel panic, or it could be power management issue, though resetting SMC could solve your issue.

Reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

Then restart up in Recovery Mode could you restore to factory setting of your internal drive.

Use macOS Recovery on an Intel-based Mac - Apple Support

How do I wipe a MacBook Pro that won’t turn on?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.