Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I would like to get my Music playlists transferred to a new MacBook.

I have an older MacBook Pro (2012) and this newer one (2021). I am not subscribed to Apple Music nor wish to be. I did not get help syncing these two devices as I did not begin regularly using this newer MacBook Pro until a few months ago. I am having an issue with getting my Music playlists to transfer to the newer MacBook. My Music content is available on the newer MacBook but not the playlists so does that mean they are synced? (The newer MacBook does not offer a "sync Library" box in Music settings.) I would like to get my Music playlists transferred to the new MacBook. Thank you.

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 13.1

Posted on Jan 29, 2023 7:47 AM

5 replies

Jan 30, 2023 6:05 AM in response to turingtest2

Turingtest2, This is a very complete reply and it will take this non-techy a while to sort it all out. I know, for example, that on the older MacBook my music is not well organized, at least not enough so to transfer with confidence at this moment. Once I fully understand your suggestions I will move forward with the process. Thank you very much for the quick and thorough reply. You write and express yourself clearly. Best wishes.

I would like to get my Music playlists transferred to a new MacBook.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.