Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No notifications after iOS 16.3 update

Hi, all my notifications have disappeared and I have no badges or notifications on my lock screen. All settings are as they should be.

I only get notifications when I open the actual app (eg WhatsApp) which is pointless.

only started after updating my iOS. I need my notifications back please help. Like I say I know how to use the settings and everything is where it is supposed to be. Is it a bug?

im using iPhone 11.

iPhone 11

Posted on Jan 29, 2023 8:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2023 9:12 AM

Hello Bj-Rocke,

Let's use the steps below to make sure that your apps are also up to date:

1. Open the App Store.
2. Tap your profile icon at the top of the screen.
3. Scroll to see pending updates and release notes. Tap Update next to an app to update only that app, or tap Update All.

You can find those steps in this resource: How to manually update apps on your Apple device - Apple Support

You'll also want to make sure the Focus feature isn't enabled under Settings > Focus. If the Share Across Devices option is enabled in that menu, that could cause your iPhone to use the Focus feature unexpectedly while it is enabled on another device: Use Focus on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Should that still persist, do you experience the same behavior with built-in apps such as Messages?

Let us know, and we'll keep moving forward from there.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2023 9:12 AM in response to Bj-Rocke

Hello Bj-Rocke,

Let's use the steps below to make sure that your apps are also up to date:

1. Open the App Store.
2. Tap your profile icon at the top of the screen.
3. Scroll to see pending updates and release notes. Tap Update next to an app to update only that app, or tap Update All.

You can find those steps in this resource: How to manually update apps on your Apple device - Apple Support

You'll also want to make sure the Focus feature isn't enabled under Settings > Focus. If the Share Across Devices option is enabled in that menu, that could cause your iPhone to use the Focus feature unexpectedly while it is enabled on another device: Use Focus on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Should that still persist, do you experience the same behavior with built-in apps such as Messages?

Let us know, and we'll keep moving forward from there.

No notifications after iOS 16.3 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.