Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch 8 automatically pauses after 10 seconds

I just got my Apple Watch 8 a few days ago. And since the beginning whenever I start a workout it pauses automatically after 10 seconds. The automatic pause is turned off and I already tried resetting it.

Apple Watch Series 8

Posted on Jan 29, 2023 9:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2023 11:27 AM

It may think that it' sensors are no longer making good contact with your wrist. You might try to tighten the band. I have tightened mine for workouts and loosened it for normal wear. There is more here:

Wearing your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Do you have tattoos? That is sometimes a problem for continuous connection. If that's the case, Apple doesn't seem to have lots of suggestions. If you google Apple Watch Tatoos, you find lots of discussion and some things people have tried-- sometimes with more success than others.

Good Luck!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 29, 2023 11:27 AM in response to davey1993

It may think that it' sensors are no longer making good contact with your wrist. You might try to tighten the band. I have tightened mine for workouts and loosened it for normal wear. There is more here:

Wearing your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Do you have tattoos? That is sometimes a problem for continuous connection. If that's the case, Apple doesn't seem to have lots of suggestions. If you google Apple Watch Tatoos, you find lots of discussion and some things people have tried-- sometimes with more success than others.

Good Luck!

Apple Watch 8 automatically pauses after 10 seconds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.