Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

USB Ports not recognised after update Ventura 13.2

All Mac mini 2018 usb ports not recognised after update from Ventura 13.1 to 13.2.

However, Running windows 10 using VMware all ports function.

Appears Ventura 13.2 has a problem that needs attention via issue of patch.

Mac mini, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jan 29, 2023 9:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2023 2:12 AM

Try this solution on another page - to do with an extension in library. Digging a little further, at least on my system, the offending kext seems to be /Library/Extensions/jmPeripheralDevice.kext

Moved it aside with "sudo mv /Library/Extensions/jmPeripheralDevice.kext ~/". This makes the prompt to allow go away after reboot and drives remain mounted.

Worked for me and many others.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2023 2:12 AM in response to Annesley1

Try this solution on another page - to do with an extension in library. Digging a little further, at least on my system, the offending kext seems to be /Library/Extensions/jmPeripheralDevice.kext

Moved it aside with "sudo mv /Library/Extensions/jmPeripheralDevice.kext ~/". This makes the prompt to allow go away after reboot and drives remain mounted.

Worked for me and many others.

Feb 2, 2023 1:11 AM in response to Annesley1

I agree that a fix is needed and the loss of access results in time lost etc. I hope that this additional comment helps. I am not an expert.

At the time of having the problem with no usb ports showing after update to Ventura 13.2 I started windows 10 on same Mac mini 2018 i7 using VMware. All ports functioned correctly and usb attached devices could operate as expected.

Subsequently, I shut down Mac and started system by booting in safe mode with all ports occupied by pen drives etc. All usb ports appeared. Correctly labelled but with no access. Ports appeared opaque on the screen.

Using recovery mode and with the computer connected by cable to the router I followed the on-screen procedure. All apps, files and content etc found intact. I did reboot system normally after completion and usb ports and pen drives etc appeared as normal.

The one conclusion that has been drawn from this experience is that a glitch during the update process leaves some files behind. ( Similar to windows failure to update correctly and the error message given. Windows does however offer a very satisfactory and simple recovery method with safe reinstall of windows with clear message that content of computer will be safe during the process)

Hope you recover full use of your computer soon.

USB Ports not recognised after update Ventura 13.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.