Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t link my iCloud to my iPad 1st generation

I can’t link my icloud to Ipad 1st generation, because there you can’t enter a password for two-way authentication. How to link 1 ipad to icloud

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jan 29, 2023 9:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2023 9:51 AM

When prompting for the Verification Code on your [long obsolete] first generation iPad, do you see a link that suggests obtaining a code using another method?

If so, you should be able to have the Verification Code sent to one of your “trusted telephone numbers” or your recovery email address - both of which should be configured in your AppleID account - assuming that the account has been fully set-up.

It may be worth signing-in to your AppleID from web browser - and verify that both your recovery email address and trusted telephone numbers are set. Once verified, you should be able to direct the Verification Code to either a cellular/mobile or fixed landline telephone number.

https://appleid.apple.com

When you receive the Verification Code, this needs to be appended to your Password. For example, if your Password is “PasswordABC” and the received Verification Code is “123456”, you will need to enter “PasswordABC123456” on the iPad.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 29, 2023 9:51 AM in response to coq_

When prompting for the Verification Code on your [long obsolete] first generation iPad, do you see a link that suggests obtaining a code using another method?

If so, you should be able to have the Verification Code sent to one of your “trusted telephone numbers” or your recovery email address - both of which should be configured in your AppleID account - assuming that the account has been fully set-up.

It may be worth signing-in to your AppleID from web browser - and verify that both your recovery email address and trusted telephone numbers are set. Once verified, you should be able to direct the Verification Code to either a cellular/mobile or fixed landline telephone number.

https://appleid.apple.com

When you receive the Verification Code, this needs to be appended to your Password. For example, if your Password is “PasswordABC” and the received Verification Code is “123456”, you will need to enter “PasswordABC123456” on the iPad.

I can’t link my iCloud to my iPad 1st generation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.