Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to setup email on new iPhone

cannot get email set up on new iphone

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jan 29, 2023 1:18 PM

3 replies

Jan 31, 2023 4:12 PM in response to hc1111

so i am adding email to my new iphone se 3d gen i type others and I input what they are asking for and then it says New Account at top and Imap and pop, imap is hilited and the it ask for an incoming mail server?? what is that?

would appreciate any help anyone could give. didnt know there would be so many problems.

Jan 31, 2023 11:42 AM in response to HeMyOus

Hey there HeMyOus,

We can help!

First, try using the steps below to help with adding your account:

How to set up your email account automatically
If you use an email provider like iCloud, Google, or Yahoo, Mail can automatically set up your email account with just your email address and password. Here's how:
1. Go to Settings > Mail, then tap Accounts.
2. Tap Add Account, then select your email provider.
3. Enter your email address and password.
4. If you see Next, tap Next and wait for Mail to verify your account.
5. If you see Save, tap Save.
If you don't see your email provider, tap Other to add your account manually.
How to set up your email account manually
If you need to set up your email account manually, make sure that you know the email settings for your account. If you don’t know them, you can look them up or contact your email provider. Then follow these steps:
1. Go to Settings > Mail, then tap Accounts.
2. Tap Add Account, tap Other, then tap Add Mail Account.
3. Enter your name, email address, password, and a description for your account.
4. Tap Next. Mail will try to find the email settings and finish your account setup. If Mail finds your email settings, tap Done to complete your account setup.

Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you run into any errors when attempting to add your account, provide those details in a reply for further help.

Take care!

Jan 31, 2023 4:36 PM in response to HeMyOus

Good afternoon HeMyOus,

What type of email account do you have? (What is after the @ symbol in your email address?) You can use this information to get your mail settings.

If you need help with getting your email settings to set up the mail account, use the page below to help with resolving this issue. You'll want to enter in your email address under the section titled "Mail Settings Lookup".

Mail Support

If the issue continues, you'll want to reach out to Apple Support to have this looked into further.

Get Support

Take care.

Unable to setup email on new iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.