Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family Sharing of iTunes purchases

I do not have an Apple Music subscription. I would like to share iTunes Store purchases (songs, albums) with my Family using Family Sharing. I have 4 family members using 4 different devices and Apple IDs. Do I need the subscription to share things I’ve purchased?

Posted on Jan 29, 2023 2:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2023 3:16 PM

You don not need an Apple Music subscription to share purchases.

Apple Music is a streaming service and if you decide that you want to subscribe to it, you will need a Family Apple Music subscription rather than an Individual Apple Music subscription -- but, again, that is only needed for Apple Music streaming and has nothing to do with sharing purchase.

For more information on sharing purchases, see: How to share purchases with your family - Apple Support

To make purchases without an Apple Music subscription (and with or without Family Sharing), see: Buy music from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 29, 2023 3:16 PM in response to carren209

You don not need an Apple Music subscription to share purchases.

Apple Music is a streaming service and if you decide that you want to subscribe to it, you will need a Family Apple Music subscription rather than an Individual Apple Music subscription -- but, again, that is only needed for Apple Music streaming and has nothing to do with sharing purchase.

For more information on sharing purchases, see: How to share purchases with your family - Apple Support

To make purchases without an Apple Music subscription (and with or without Family Sharing), see: Buy music from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

Family Sharing of iTunes purchases

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.