Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost iphone and can't remember Apple ID

Juliette lost her iphone. This phones appleID differs from her primary phone. And she can't remember the Apple ID. All the articles keep saying go to settings on the phone or ipad to see the apple ID and are useless to recover a forgotten apple ID. So how does she locate that Apple ID, so she can begin the process to get that reset, and then locate the missing phone?

iPhone XS Max, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 29, 2023 8:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2023 8:33 PM

Joatman235 Said:

"Lost iphone and can't remember Apple ID"

-------

Lost iPhone an Apple ID:

I. Troubleshooting a Lost iPhone

Q1. "Juliette lost her iphone[...]"

A1. Alternatively to using Find My, you'l have to do so the old fashioned way. Find My can only be enabled directly on the iPhone. It cannot be enabled elsewhere. So, is it enabled on the iPhone?

So, what to Try:

• Dial it: See if it is heard ringing
  • Ask Local Authorities: See if it has be hanged over.
  • Text It: Ask whomever has come across it, to contact you.
  • Ask Someone: See if someone you know (i.e. Friend, or Family Member) if that came across it.
  • Backtrack your Locations: If you are at a coffee shop, or a library, stop by and see if it was safely placed aside.

II. Troubleshooting a Forgotten Apple ID:

Q2. "how does she locate that Apple ID, so she can begin the process to get that reset, and then locate the missing phone?

A2. An Apple ID would be an eMail address. So, presumably, it is an eMail address she's had in the past, or one she currently uses. So, used these links:

Use these Links:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 29, 2023 8:33 PM in response to Joatman235

Joatman235 Said:

"Lost iphone and can't remember Apple ID"

-------

Lost iPhone an Apple ID:

I. Troubleshooting a Lost iPhone

Q1. "Juliette lost her iphone[...]"

A1. Alternatively to using Find My, you'l have to do so the old fashioned way. Find My can only be enabled directly on the iPhone. It cannot be enabled elsewhere. So, is it enabled on the iPhone?

So, what to Try:

• Dial it: See if it is heard ringing
  • Ask Local Authorities: See if it has be hanged over.
  • Text It: Ask whomever has come across it, to contact you.
  • Ask Someone: See if someone you know (i.e. Friend, or Family Member) if that came across it.
  • Backtrack your Locations: If you are at a coffee shop, or a library, stop by and see if it was safely placed aside.

II. Troubleshooting a Forgotten Apple ID:

Q2. "how does she locate that Apple ID, so she can begin the process to get that reset, and then locate the missing phone?

A2. An Apple ID would be an eMail address. So, presumably, it is an eMail address she's had in the past, or one she currently uses. So, used these links:

Use these Links:

Lost iphone and can't remember Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.