You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Different passwords on Apple I.D. and Apple Music

I can log into both my Apple I.D. account page and my Apple Music account with no problem but they each require different passwords. I'd like to use one password for everything but I cannot find where to change the password for Apple Music?

iMac Pro, macOS 11.7

Posted on Jan 29, 2023 9:24 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2023 9:34 PM

Draganmac Said:

"Different passwords on Apple I.D. and Apple Music: I can log into both my Apple I.D. account page and my Apple Music account with no problem but they each require different passwords. I'd like to use one password for everything but I cannot find where to change the password for Apple Music?"

-------

Apple Music is part of your Apple ID:

All there is, is one password for all of Apple. You cannot make individual passwords for a part of your Apple ID. If need be, then enable Screen Time on your Mac, allowing for a password to be entered upon purchasing.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 29, 2023 9:34 PM in response to Draganmac

Draganmac Said:

"Different passwords on Apple I.D. and Apple Music: I can log into both my Apple I.D. account page and my Apple Music account with no problem but they each require different passwords. I'd like to use one password for everything but I cannot find where to change the password for Apple Music?"

-------

Apple Music is part of your Apple ID:

All there is, is one password for all of Apple. You cannot make individual passwords for a part of your Apple ID. If need be, then enable Screen Time on your Mac, allowing for a password to be entered upon purchasing.

Jan 29, 2023 10:49 PM in response to Draganmac

Draganmac Said:

-------

Give Apple Feedback on This:

Let Apple know that Apple IDs should be allowed have multiple Passwords. Refer to my User Tip, on how to give them feedback on this. Go Here: Apple ID: How to Provide Apple Feedback for this Category - User Tips

Different passwords on Apple I.D. and Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.