Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing iCloud emails

Hi I’ve recently upgraded my iPhone, everything had transferred perfectly and phone working fine - yesterday I went into my Mail app and my iCloud emails have disappeared. Checked iCloud online too and no sign of them - any idea what’s happened? I’ve tried restoring a later back up but still no luck

iPhone 14 Plus

Posted on Jan 30, 2023 2:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2023 9:30 AM

See the article About missing information after you restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iCloud Backup - Apple Support

Since your Mail already lives in iCloud, it isn't included in iCloud Backup. iCloud Backup does include the settings for your iCloud email account and any other email accounts on your device. After you restore from iCloud Backup, iCloud and your other email providers replace your available email messages so you can pick up where you left off.

You can set up mail account so that mails will sync Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2023 9:30 AM in response to Kelman23

See the article About missing information after you restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iCloud Backup - Apple Support

Since your Mail already lives in iCloud, it isn't included in iCloud Backup. iCloud Backup does include the settings for your iCloud email account and any other email accounts on your device. After you restore from iCloud Backup, iCloud and your other email providers replace your available email messages so you can pick up where you left off.

You can set up mail account so that mails will sync Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Missing iCloud emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.