Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV app

My Apple TV app is no longer showing full screen for any shows. There used to be a bi-directional arrow icon that would expand the picture to full screen but that has disappeared, I think with iPad OS 16.2, and it has not been fixed by update 16.3.

can anyone help?

Posted on Jan 30, 2023 3:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2023 10:53 AM

Not entirely sure what you are experiencing. On my iPad, every video in the Apple TV app opens full screen for me, with black padding to account for content aspect ratio and screen aspect ratio differences.

If you are referring to eliminating the letterbox/​pillarbox bars, users can zoom-to-fit (with cut-off) using a two finger pinch gesture, similar to zooming in on photos. This was changed in iOS/iPadOS 16.0, I think.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2023 10:53 AM in response to no31ag

Not entirely sure what you are experiencing. On my iPad, every video in the Apple TV app opens full screen for me, with black padding to account for content aspect ratio and screen aspect ratio differences.

If you are referring to eliminating the letterbox/​pillarbox bars, users can zoom-to-fit (with cut-off) using a two finger pinch gesture, similar to zooming in on photos. This was changed in iOS/iPadOS 16.0, I think.

Apple TV app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.