Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Virus protection

Do I need virus protection for my IPad and IPhone 8 or is this built into the operating system and how do I scan for a virus

iPad, iPadOS 16

Posted on Jan 30, 2023 7:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2023 7:23 AM

There has never been a documented virus on any iOS device, so it is difficult to scan for something that does not exist.

Apple's iOS provides all the protection that you need, assuming you are not planning to jailbreak your phone and you ignore and delete any messages or pop ups that claim to have "detected" a possible virus on your device.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2023 7:23 AM in response to PeterOlip

There has never been a documented virus on any iOS device, so it is difficult to scan for something that does not exist.

Apple's iOS provides all the protection that you need, assuming you are not planning to jailbreak your phone and you ignore and delete any messages or pop ups that claim to have "detected" a possible virus on your device.

Virus protection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.