Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod touch generation 4 iMessage won't activate.

A day or so ago I tried to go into my iMessage and was greeted by a screen with a "Get Started" button on it as if I hadn't set up iMessage already. I promptly tapped the button and it asked me to enter my apple ID. (it already had my email address entered for some reason) After signing in another screen asking me which email I wanted to use popped up and I selected the only email I had associated with the apple ID account. After hitting 'next' it said 'Verifying' with a loading prompt next to it, after it says this for 5-10 seconds it confusingly goes back to the sign in menu I saw before. Nothing has changed and when I try to log in again it does the same thing.I can't get into iMessage which is exceedingly frustrating. I am on the latest version of iOS that is available for the 4th Generation iPod touch (iOS 6.1.6) and this happened totally out of the blue, I did nothing to the device except regularly using it prior to the problem. I have turned the device on and off with iMessage and Facetime off (it is doing the same with facetime although I rarely use it) and I have even reset the device out of desperation. I have called apple support, searched on the internet for many fixes which I have tried (obviously none of them working) and now I am here. Any comments or input is greatly appreciated. Thanks! credits stuckenthemud

iPod touch (4th generation)

Posted on Jan 30, 2023 8:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2023 8:43 AM

this thread was old so i thought i might make a new one giving instructions on how to fix it beacause it isnt repliable anymore

so if you are greeted by a get started screen on your ipod touch 4th generation when trying to sign in, and your apple ID wont work even though it is valid. what you are going to do (you need a trusted device that gives you codes) sign in it will say it has an authentication error, so if you got a code on a trusted device im 90% sure it'll work so put in your email again and your pass but you need to put in that code after your pass word for example if your pass was 1234 and your code is 678 you will put your password as 1234678 if it shows another sign in screen that just pops up put in your normal password no special code after it , hope this works, worked for me.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2023 8:43 AM in response to thewhogiveslint

this thread was old so i thought i might make a new one giving instructions on how to fix it beacause it isnt repliable anymore

so if you are greeted by a get started screen on your ipod touch 4th generation when trying to sign in, and your apple ID wont work even though it is valid. what you are going to do (you need a trusted device that gives you codes) sign in it will say it has an authentication error, so if you got a code on a trusted device im 90% sure it'll work so put in your email again and your pass but you need to put in that code after your pass word for example if your pass was 1234 and your code is 678 you will put your password as 1234678 if it shows another sign in screen that just pops up put in your normal password no special code after it , hope this works, worked for me.

iPod touch generation 4 iMessage won't activate.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.