Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After iOS 16.3, notifications show up, but don't make a sound on the lock screen.

This morning I updated my iPhone 14 Pro to iOS 16.3, and ever since then any notifications I receive on the Lock Screen don't make any sound. I still receive the notifications (iMessage, Mail, Spotify, YouTube, etc.), but they just sit there quietly. This issue was not at all present yesterday before I updated the software, nor have any of my settings been changed. I think this is a bug that comes with the update.

What I've already tried (to no avail):

• Restarted my iPhone
  • Checked that no apps had 'Deliver Quietly' turned on, and they don't
  • Checked my sound settings; all on max volume
  • Checked if I was on 'Focus' mode, I'm not
  • Tried replying through MacBook, no change

If no solution pops up here, I'll try contacting support in the following days. I think this is a pretty big issue. I've already missed a few crucial notifications.

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 30, 2023 1:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2023 7:38 PM

Figured it out. Turns out the notifications were going directly to my Apple Watch every time, even when the watch was off. Restarting the watch fixed this. Pretty odd glitch. I'll keep this thread open in case anyone else has a similar problem.

2 replies

After iOS 16.3, notifications show up, but don't make a sound on the lock screen.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.