Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Metal Building

I'm using an iPhone and If someone sends me a text message and I am in a metal building so I won't get that message. When I leave that metal building will that text message still come through to my phone without the sender having to resend it? Or is it just gone? The sender has no idea I didn't get the message so wouldn't think about resending it. Also, the sender is not using an iPhone, using Android through Metro

unknown,

Posted on Jan 30, 2023 4:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2023 4:46 PM

JoySeaKay- wrote:

I'm using an iPhone and If someone sends me a text message and I am in a metal building so I won't get that message. When I leave that metal building will that text message still come through to my phone without the sender having to resend it? Or is it just gone? The sender has no idea I didn't get the message so wouldn't think about resending it. Also, the sender is not using an iPhone, using Android through Metro

That is a question you'll need to ask your phone carrier, SMS is their feature.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2023 4:46 PM in response to JoySeaKay-

JoySeaKay- wrote:

That is a question you'll need to ask your phone carrier, SMS is their feature.

Metal Building

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.