Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I forgot my previous iPhone passcode and now in the new device it’s asking me to put the previous device passcode to backup my data from icloud

I forgot my previous iPhone passcode and now in the new device it’s asking me to put the previous device passcode to backup my data from icloud !!!

Posted on Jan 30, 2023 4:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2023 5:00 PM

I'm not sure whether you were using the same passcode on the phone that you were using for your backups, but the unfortunate news is that you cannot access the backups unless you remember the password that you assigned to protect the backups. Sorry, but Apple provides no workarounds or back doors for this.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2023 5:00 PM in response to Kevin_The_BeasT

I'm not sure whether you were using the same passcode on the phone that you were using for your backups, but the unfortunate news is that you cannot access the backups unless you remember the password that you assigned to protect the backups. Sorry, but Apple provides no workarounds or back doors for this.

I forgot my previous iPhone passcode and now in the new device it’s asking me to put the previous device passcode to backup my data from icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.