Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro: Apple TV App won't Stream

Macbook info: Model A1502, EMC 2835

Ever since iTunes went away and was replaced by Apple TV app, I've had problems streaming my movies/tv series/etc. At first it was only a few movies from my list, but it has progressively gotten worse and I cannot stream the majority of my library. Over $2500 worth of content and most of it I cannot access.

When I try to start a movie, it goes to the player and has a solid black screen. The timer shows the full movie length, but the play bar doesn't have a "loaded" color indicator and the movie stays at 00:00.

Some movies I can do a workaround on. For example, I can still select the "extras" button which loads properly into the movies extras options. Bonus clips and features load properly. Some movies, such as Avengers: Infinity War, give the option for "Movie Selection" then "Play Movie" and it works! BUT, if I choose the standard "Play" option on the main extras screen, I'm met with the same black screen and no loading.

Everything is up to date, parental controls are off, I've logged out and back in to my Apple ID, I've removed and reauthorized the device, I've gone into advanced settings and reset the cache/play history/warnings.

I have no issues whatsoever using other streaming services. At this point I've stopped purchasing from their Apple TV app store until this gets resolved... but I can't even find a reporting method for apple apps (only 3rd party apps). Refunds on my library purchases are not available.

Any help would be appreciated.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Jan 30, 2023 8:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2023 3:54 AM

1. Try quitting and relaunching the TV app.
  2. Try a cold restart of the Mac.

For macOS troubleshooting, try these:

Let us know the results of these tests.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2023 3:54 AM in response to Blupepc

1. Try quitting and relaunching the TV app.
  2. Try a cold restart of the Mac.

For macOS troubleshooting, try these:

Let us know the results of these tests.

Macbook Pro: Apple TV App won't Stream

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.