Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Small keyboard

For some reason my keyboard seems to be stuck in the small size. It’s very difficult to type in that mode.I’d like to knows how to tell it to return to full screen on accident split screen. Thanks, Bobbi

iPad, iOS 9

Posted on Jan 30, 2023 9:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2023 8:13 AM

To easily return the new Floating Keyboard to the normal on-screen keyboard presentation, use the two-finger “zoom” gesture (i.e., the reverse of the two-finger “pinch”).

If the Split Keyboard is restored instead of the full on-screen keyboard, you can either use two fingers (one on each of the two half-keyboards) and swipe the two halves together - or touch-and-hold the “keyboard” key, then slide your finger to the Merge & Dock option and release.

Use the floating keyboard on your iPad – Apple Support

Split and move the keyboard on your iPad – Apple Support

If your issue instead lies with the mini-keyboard triggered by the Apple Pencil’s Scribble feature, it’s a little more complicated…

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2023 8:13 AM in response to 365rocks

To easily return the new Floating Keyboard to the normal on-screen keyboard presentation, use the two-finger “zoom” gesture (i.e., the reverse of the two-finger “pinch”).

If the Split Keyboard is restored instead of the full on-screen keyboard, you can either use two fingers (one on each of the two half-keyboards) and swipe the two halves together - or touch-and-hold the “keyboard” key, then slide your finger to the Merge & Dock option and release.

Use the floating keyboard on your iPad – Apple Support

Split and move the keyboard on your iPad – Apple Support

If your issue instead lies with the mini-keyboard triggered by the Apple Pencil’s Scribble feature, it’s a little more complicated…

Small keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.