Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Individual Notification sounds for apps

I want to be able to have different sounds for when notifications pop up so I can tell which app is pinging etc, but haven’t been able to find a way to do this with apple yet. Is it possible?

I understand that mail and text etc can be made different. I want to know about others though, given all the fancy new updates.

iPhone 14

Posted on Jan 30, 2023 10:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2023 10:33 PM

It is possible BUT only if that availability is made by the app itself. For example, when you use a Mail app then it may come with its own mail notification sounds and therefore will sound different from other mail app notifications.

As you have already learned, most apps just use the default and available sounds provided by the iOS. They also do not give us an option to change those sounds. So, in short, what you are asking for is dependent on the app that you are using and as set by that app developer.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2023 10:33 PM in response to Cloudierthanyesterday

It is possible BUT only if that availability is made by the app itself. For example, when you use a Mail app then it may come with its own mail notification sounds and therefore will sound different from other mail app notifications.

As you have already learned, most apps just use the default and available sounds provided by the iOS. They also do not give us an option to change those sounds. So, in short, what you are asking for is dependent on the app that you are using and as set by that app developer.

Axel F.

Individual Notification sounds for apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.