Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sound low on track

I transfered my 50 vocal garageband compositions (5 part harmony) from my 2008 Apple IPad to the 2022 MacBook Air M2 GarageBand version. My interface is the PreSonus Studio 24c. Everything is fine but I want to now add a track (the lead voice) and the volume is substantially lower. Even when I decrease the volumes of the other tracks, I can't get my volume high enough. Help!

MacBook Air, macOS 13.1

Posted on Jan 30, 2023 10:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2023 2:33 PM

Hello Aintitfunkynow,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. If you added a vocal track, you might want to try adjusting that specific track’s volume level. Follow the guidance here: Set track volume levels in GarageBand on Mac - Apple Support

-In the GarageBand on Mac track header, drag the Volume slider left or right to lower or raise the volume level.
-Track header showing Volume slider.
-Note: You might have to resize the track header to see the Volume slider.

Also, when recording your vocals, double check the record level. This can also cause your audio not to sound as loud: Before recording audio in GarageBand on Mac - Apple Support

1.) In GarageBand on Mac, select the track you want to use, then click the Smart Controls button  in the control bar.
2.) In the Recording Settings area, adjust the Record Level slider.
Record Level slider and Automatic Level Control checkbox in the Smart Controls inspector.
You can also select the Automatic Level Control checkbox to have the recording level adjusted automatically. It lowers the level to prevent feedback, and raises the level if too low.

We hope this is helpful. Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 1, 2023 2:33 PM in response to Aintitfunkynow

Hello Aintitfunkynow,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. If you added a vocal track, you might want to try adjusting that specific track’s volume level. Follow the guidance here: Set track volume levels in GarageBand on Mac - Apple Support

-In the GarageBand on Mac track header, drag the Volume slider left or right to lower or raise the volume level.
-Track header showing Volume slider.
-Note: You might have to resize the track header to see the Volume slider.

Also, when recording your vocals, double check the record level. This can also cause your audio not to sound as loud: Before recording audio in GarageBand on Mac - Apple Support

1.) In GarageBand on Mac, select the track you want to use, then click the Smart Controls button  in the control bar.
2.) In the Recording Settings area, adjust the Record Level slider.
Record Level slider and Automatic Level Control checkbox in the Smart Controls inspector.
You can also select the Automatic Level Control checkbox to have the recording level adjusted automatically. It lowers the level to prevent feedback, and raises the level if too low.

We hope this is helpful. Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Sound low on track

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.