Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Virus on my iPhone?

Hi, I had a message/tab open on safari from “Apple Security Alert”, which told me that my phone has been infected with 14 viruses. I was wondering if there way a way of checking this or a way to clean clean them off

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 31, 2023 1:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2023 3:33 AM

All such messages are scams presented by criminals in an attempt to have you download useless software, or worse still have you divulge personal or financial information. There is no virus, there is no issue. Close the offending page and avoid sites that are involved in such bogus advertising tactics.

For more information on similar scam attempts, see: Phony "tech support" / "ransomware" popup… - Apple Community

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2023 3:33 AM in response to celyn178

All such messages are scams presented by criminals in an attempt to have you download useless software, or worse still have you divulge personal or financial information. There is no virus, there is no issue. Close the offending page and avoid sites that are involved in such bogus advertising tactics.

For more information on similar scam attempts, see: Phony "tech support" / "ransomware" popup… - Apple Community

Jan 31, 2023 8:43 AM in response to celyn178

celyn178 wrote:

Hi, I had a message/tab open on safari from “Apple Security Alert”, which told me that my phone has been infected with 14 viruses. I was wondering if there way a way of checking this or a way to clean clean them off

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

IF A REMOTE WEBSITE COULD SCAN YOUR DEVICE, IT WOULD BE A SECURITY AND PRIVACY CATASTROPHE.

That would mean every clown-run and crook-run website on the whole ‘net could access and scan and upload your data.

What you saw was an advertisement, and an advertisement lied to you about scanning and about malware, usually advertising some rubbish VPN app you don’t need for a problem you don’t have.

Ignore it.

Jan 31, 2023 8:49 AM in response to celyn178

Apple will never send a message like this, so you know that this is a SCAM that is trying to trick you into buying useless software or worse.......revealing personal info like your Apple ID and password.

Delete or ignore the message and move on. Expect more "notifications" like this to appear as the SCAM artists are out in full force.

Jan 31, 2023 2:35 AM in response to celyn178

Hi there, it's a shame to here that your iPhone may be infected with malware. If you would like to clear your phone, you can ensure all your crucial data is backed up to iCloud. Once that is done, you can reset your phone, and then go through the process of setting your iPhone up again. Afterwards, all the data on your iCloud can be transferred to your phone. Feel free to follow up with any questions!

Virus on my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.