Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to download an icloud backup

I have an icloud backup from my 7 and now that I have already tried setting up my 12 mini I'm unsure how to access the backup to download on the 12 mini.

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 31, 2023 3:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2023 4:21 AM

You don't need to go hunting for your backup, it will be found by your new device when you set it up.

See Apple's instructions Restore your device from an iCloud backup in Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Note Apple's comment If you already set up your device, you need to erase all of its content before you can use these steps to restore from your backup. This might apply if you have set up your iPhone 12 but did not choose to restore your backup from iCloud.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2023 4:21 AM in response to stephneelee

You don't need to go hunting for your backup, it will be found by your new device when you set it up.

See Apple's instructions Restore your device from an iCloud backup in Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Note Apple's comment If you already set up your device, you need to erase all of its content before you can use these steps to restore from your backup. This might apply if you have set up your iPhone 12 but did not choose to restore your backup from iCloud.

How to download an icloud backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.