Newsroom Update

watchOS 11 brings powerful health and fitness insights. Learn more >

Related Article: Track your sleep on Apple Watch and use Sleep on iPhone

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my watch ask if I want to start my day, how do i stop it

my watch ask if I want to start my day, how do i stop it? My wife has a apple watch and hers doesn't do that

Apple Watch Series 6

Posted on Jan 31, 2023 5:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2023 6:09 AM

I see that whenever I wake up before my sleep time (set up in my Sleep Schedule) has ended.

My sleep schedule ends at 6am but there are times that I'm already up before then. I haven't paid attention to how much too early is required, (I don't get that if I only get up a few minutes before the Wake-up time) but I'll bet it requires about 15 minutes too early at least.

Your watch is realizing that you didn't get up just to go to the bathroom, you are clearly up for the day. It's basically asking you if you want to shut off your sleep schedule for the morning.

So in answer to your question, and in order to get it to stop asking you that, change your wake-up time to an earlier time, one closer to the time that you've been getting up.

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2023 6:09 AM in response to rjacobs3

I see that whenever I wake up before my sleep time (set up in my Sleep Schedule) has ended.

My sleep schedule ends at 6am but there are times that I'm already up before then. I haven't paid attention to how much too early is required, (I don't get that if I only get up a few minutes before the Wake-up time) but I'll bet it requires about 15 minutes too early at least.

Your watch is realizing that you didn't get up just to go to the bathroom, you are clearly up for the day. It's basically asking you if you want to shut off your sleep schedule for the morning.

So in answer to your question, and in order to get it to stop asking you that, change your wake-up time to an earlier time, one closer to the time that you've been getting up.

Feb 3, 2023 6:47 AM in response to rjacobs3

I believe that it would NOT.

A sleep schedule is required and my guess is that it needs to be active too.

Your iPhone being on a charger is being factored into the 'system' that determines when you're in bed.

For example, a person who doesn't have an watch, their time in bed is soley calculated by their phone being charged.

Edit: Are you getting your stages of sleep?

my watch ask if I want to start my day, how do i stop it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.