Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Microsoft Teams camera on computer fails when iPhone is on!?!?

I use Microsoft Teams on my MacBook Pro as part of my work. In the past few weeks, my computer's camera has not worked for Teams. It works in every other application, such as FaceTime. It took a long time for me to discover the culprit: my iPhone!

If my iPhone is powered up, I cannot use the camera on my computer in Teams. If the iPhone is powered off, the camera on the computer works. If I am using Teams with the camera on the computer and power up my iPhone, the camera immediately turns off on the computer.

How did I even figure this out? When I try to turn on the camera in Teams on my computer, I hear a gentle beep-beep (exactly two tones). Eventually I realized that the thing beeping was my phone, not my computer.

FYI, my phone and computer are always connected to my home WiFi network. So it is understandable that they could affect each other. But why this way?

Do you have any advice on how I can use Teams and my phone at the same time?

MacBook Pro Apple Silicon

Posted on Jan 31, 2023 6:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2023 6:37 AM

It sounds as if the Continuity Camera may be turning on.

Continuity Camera: Use iPhone as a webcam for Mac - Apple Support

The fastest way to disable it is probably to turn of Bluetooth on one or other of the devices.

Similar questions

5 replies

Microsoft Teams camera on computer fails when iPhone is on!?!?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.