Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airpod Pro V2 case chirps when I pick it up

My Airpods Pro V2 case sometimes "chirps" (beeps) for ~15 seconds when I pick it up in the morning. It happens about once a week, and it wakes up my wife. It is like someone is using the "Find My" app to make the Airpods case emit noise, but there's no notification on my iPhone, or on any device in my "Family" group (Settings > Apple ID > Family).

How can I debug this? Thanks!

Posted on Jan 31, 2023 6:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2023 9:47 PM

I don't think that's it. This sound is different than the sound it makes when I plug in the charging cable. It is more like the dinging of an alarm clock -- maybe 10-15 seconds long. The "charging case sound" is just a single chime, maybe 2 seconds long. And, weirdest of all, it even makes this 10-second sound when I lift it, fully charged, off the charging pad. So I don't think it's a "low battery" sound.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 1, 2023 9:47 PM in response to faith185

I don't think that's it. This sound is different than the sound it makes when I plug in the charging cable. It is more like the dinging of an alarm clock -- maybe 10-15 seconds long. The "charging case sound" is just a single chime, maybe 2 seconds long. And, weirdest of all, it even makes this 10-second sound when I lift it, fully charged, off the charging pad. So I don't think it's a "low battery" sound.

Feb 1, 2023 4:38 PM in response to rustinjay

Hello rustinjay,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. Since this happens around once a week, it could be due to battery charge being low. Check out the following from Charge your AirPods and learn about battery life.

"Turn off charging case sounds

The MagSafe Charging Case for AirPods Pro (2nd generation) plays a sound when it begins to charge, or when the battery charge is low. You can turn off this sound:

1. With your AirPods in your ears and connected to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings.
  2. Tap the name of your AirPods.
  3. Turn off Enable Charging Case Sounds."

Take care.

Airpod Pro V2 case chirps when I pick it up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.