Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Retrieved stolen iPhone but Apple ID has been changed

My friends phone was stolen and unfortunately all the phone information was in the phone box. she found the phone but she can't open the phone with her ex apple id and pass .because all off them changed by the thief.

she lives in iran and doesn’t any access to iphon support

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jan 31, 2023 11:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2023 4:57 PM

The thief must have also faced the same Activation Lock that your friend is facing at present. Somehow the thief was able to get the right password to the Apple ID and removed the Activation Lock. Either that, or the stolen iPhone was removed from the Apple ID device list.

Regardless, now your friend is facing the Activation Lock and it must be removed with the right password. Your friend also does not have access to Apple Support in Iran. It is a tough situation.

I am not sure if the following is going to work from Iran, however, If you need help removing Activation Lock and have proof of purchase documentation, you can start an Activation Lock support request.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2023 4:57 PM in response to sanaz99

The thief must have also faced the same Activation Lock that your friend is facing at present. Somehow the thief was able to get the right password to the Apple ID and removed the Activation Lock. Either that, or the stolen iPhone was removed from the Apple ID device list.

Regardless, now your friend is facing the Activation Lock and it must be removed with the right password. Your friend also does not have access to Apple Support in Iran. It is a tough situation.

I am not sure if the following is going to work from Iran, however, If you need help removing Activation Lock and have proof of purchase documentation, you can start an Activation Lock support request.

Axel F.

Retrieved stolen iPhone but Apple ID has been changed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.