Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can Itunes restore option from a laptop delete find my device?

I recently found my previous iphone and i dont remember my password, apple account, etc and i want to restore it with itunes using a laptop, but i have find my device option on and i read on google i need to insert my apple id in order to fully restore an iphone. My question is if i use itunes can i delete find my device without any apple id password and account?

iPhone 11

Posted on Jan 31, 2023 11:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2023 9:26 AM

Hi there rusu35,

If this device has Activation Lock enabled, restoring it using iTunes will not remove Activation Lock. The only way to use the device again is to follow the steps outlined here: How to remove Activation Lock

If you do not know the Apple ID email address or password that was originally used to set up the iPhone, then look over these steps from that article:

Remove Activation Lock on the device
Follow the onscreen steps to enter the Apple ID and password you used to set up your device or your device passcode.

Learn how to find your Apple ID or reset your Apple ID password.

If you cannot reset the Apple ID password, follow the 'Start a support request' section next to potentially regain access to the Apple ID account and remove Activation Lock.

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2023 9:26 AM in response to rusu35

Hi there rusu35,

If this device has Activation Lock enabled, restoring it using iTunes will not remove Activation Lock. The only way to use the device again is to follow the steps outlined here: How to remove Activation Lock

If you do not know the Apple ID email address or password that was originally used to set up the iPhone, then look over these steps from that article:

Remove Activation Lock on the device
Follow the onscreen steps to enter the Apple ID and password you used to set up your device or your device passcode.

Learn how to find your Apple ID or reset your Apple ID password.

If you cannot reset the Apple ID password, follow the 'Start a support request' section next to potentially regain access to the Apple ID account and remove Activation Lock.

Cheers!

Can Itunes restore option from a laptop delete find my device?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.