Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Pro not accepting Fingerprint ID

My iPad prod stopped accepting Fingerprint ID a week ago though the 'settings' seems to indicate the scan is on file. What could have stopped this?

The only online I have do is to Apple Apps and the original setup.

The manual login works great from the screen but not from the keyboard.

iPad Pro, 12.9-inch, 6th Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Jan 31, 2023 2:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2023 6:14 PM

Fingerprint ridge-detail can be “damaged” - and my result in your registered fingerprint not be recognised. Try re-registering your fingerprint(s):

Use Touch ID on iPhone and iPad - Apple Support

If TouchID continues to misbehave:

If Touch ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Some users just have difficulty using TouchID. The causes for of TouchID being unreliable for some users - and not others - are many. Whilst not an exhaustive list, possibilities include:

• Very high humidity (“sweaty” fingers)
  • Very low humidity (excessively dry skin)
  • Poor fingerprint ridge-detail (excessive hand washing - or exposure to abrasive material, damaging fingerprint detail)
  • Physical injury (cuts or splits to the fingertip)

If you have naturally dry skin, try using a “light” (non greasy) and easily absorbed skin moisturiser.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2023 6:14 PM in response to Sparkgapper

Fingerprint ridge-detail can be “damaged” - and my result in your registered fingerprint not be recognised. Try re-registering your fingerprint(s):

Use Touch ID on iPhone and iPad - Apple Support

If TouchID continues to misbehave:

If Touch ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Some users just have difficulty using TouchID. The causes for of TouchID being unreliable for some users - and not others - are many. Whilst not an exhaustive list, possibilities include:

• Very high humidity (“sweaty” fingers)
  • Very low humidity (excessively dry skin)
  • Poor fingerprint ridge-detail (excessive hand washing - or exposure to abrasive material, damaging fingerprint detail)
  • Physical injury (cuts or splits to the fingertip)

If you have naturally dry skin, try using a “light” (non greasy) and easily absorbed skin moisturiser.

iPad Pro not accepting Fingerprint ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.