Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can i use my 27 inch iMac (2013) display on a 2023 mac mini M2?

Can i use my 27 inch iMac (Catalina 2013) display with a 2023 mac mini M2?

iMac 27″

Posted on Jan 31, 2023 4:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2023 5:13 PM

No, you cannot. Unfortunately, that setup is not supported by Apple. The iMac cannot be used as a monitor for any of the newest Macs and target display mode is no longer a feature of macOS.

As Apple states them, here are the rules for target display mode on iMac:

click> Use your iMac as a display with target display mode - Apple Support

Per the link above:

• Make sure that your target iMac is using macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 or earlier. 

• The source Mac must have been introduced in 2019 or earlier and have macOS Catalina or earlier installed.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2023 5:13 PM in response to 5384

No, you cannot. Unfortunately, that setup is not supported by Apple. The iMac cannot be used as a monitor for any of the newest Macs and target display mode is no longer a feature of macOS.

As Apple states them, here are the rules for target display mode on iMac:

click> Use your iMac as a display with target display mode - Apple Support

Per the link above:

• Make sure that your target iMac is using macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 or earlier. 

• The source Mac must have been introduced in 2019 or earlier and have macOS Catalina or earlier installed.

Can i use my 27 inch iMac (2013) display on a 2023 mac mini M2?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.