Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirTag is beeping randomly

Hello I have a few AirTags in multiple areas and for some reason each of them will beep randomly sometimes. Each device has a new fresh battery and I’m not getting any notifications on my phone nor are the AirTags in lost mode. Why is this happening?

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 31, 2023 6:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2023 2:56 PM

Hi there cancerresearcher84,

We understand you're hearing intermittent beeps from your AirTags. Checking your battery was a great start, and it's helpful knowing that you're not getting any notifications. Check out the text below to see if this might apply. What to do if you get an alert that an AirTag, Find My network accessory, or set of AirPods is with you:

If you hear an AirTag emitting a sound
To alert people nearby, any AirTag separated for a period of time from its owner will emit a sound when it's moved. If you find an AirTag after hearing it make a sound, you can use any device that has NFC, such as an iPhone or Android phone, to see if its owner marked it as lost and if you can help return it. If you feel that this AirTag or Find My network accessory might be tracking people without their consent, you can get instructions on how to disable it.

You mentioned you have them in multiple areas. Have you noticed if it varies depending on how close you are to them or if it happens after any particular amount of time? If so, that may account for what's happening.

If that doesn't seem to explain it, use this link to get in touch with us directly to look into this further: Apple Support

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2023 2:56 PM in response to cancerresearcher84

Hi there cancerresearcher84,

We understand you're hearing intermittent beeps from your AirTags. Checking your battery was a great start, and it's helpful knowing that you're not getting any notifications. Check out the text below to see if this might apply. What to do if you get an alert that an AirTag, Find My network accessory, or set of AirPods is with you:

If you hear an AirTag emitting a sound
To alert people nearby, any AirTag separated for a period of time from its owner will emit a sound when it's moved. If you find an AirTag after hearing it make a sound, you can use any device that has NFC, such as an iPhone or Android phone, to see if its owner marked it as lost and if you can help return it. If you feel that this AirTag or Find My network accessory might be tracking people without their consent, you can get instructions on how to disable it.

You mentioned you have them in multiple areas. Have you noticed if it varies depending on how close you are to them or if it happens after any particular amount of time? If so, that may account for what's happening.

If that doesn't seem to explain it, use this link to get in touch with us directly to look into this further: Apple Support

Take care.

AirTag is beeping randomly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.