Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is there any way to run Windows 10 or later on MacBook with M2 Chip?

how to run Windows 10 or later on MacBook with M2 Chip?

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Jan 31, 2023 8:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2023 11:09 AM

Bogaphonic wrote:

The only way to run Windows on M1/2 is to use parallels desktop! Works fine on my m2 !

That is a pre-release version of Windows ARM you are running. You must be a Windows insider member. I would not run a pre-release/beta version of any operating system in any environment other than a test environment.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 1, 2023 11:09 AM in response to Bogaphonic

Bogaphonic wrote:

The only way to run Windows on M1/2 is to use parallels desktop! Works fine on my m2 !

That is a pre-release version of Windows ARM you are running. You must be a Windows insider member. I would not run a pre-release/beta version of any operating system in any environment other than a test environment.

Jan 31, 2023 11:12 PM in response to NAgyNB

not using bootcamp

the new cpu from apple used the ARM cpu architecture where the version of windows microsoft

sells rely on the intel x86/x64 cpu architecture

if you want to know more

Apple:

It's Really Up to Microsoft to Make Windows Work on M1-Based Macs | Tom's

Hardware (tomshardware.com)

if windows is mission critical fore you sell the macbook and get one with an intel cpu

some of the virtual machines like parallels and wmware claim to support running windows in a virtual machine using their program on apple silicon macs

is there any way to run Windows 10 or later on MacBook with M2 Chip?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.