Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where can I buy a hard drive for an Elecife Type docking station for an M1 Mac Mini

I've bought from Amazon an Elecife USB-C hub with hard drive enclosure, Type C docking station & stand for an M1 Mac mini. Where can I buy a hard drive and can anyone recommend one that would be compatible? I can find any number of external hard drives for sale but I can't find a 2.5 inch hard drive and don't want to order something that won't work

Mac mini, macOS 13.1

Posted on Feb 1, 2023 6:46 AM

7 replies

Feb 12, 2023 2:44 AM in response to BDAqua

Thanks for this info but as I've tried 3 SSD in my in the Elecife docking hub and one SSD in the Quality Addicts Hub and all of them generate the same message, viz “The disc you installed was not readable by your computer” I'm reluctant to purchase an SSD from Europe because of the difficulty of returning it if it doesn't work with my Mac mini. I attach two reports which may illuminate the problem and suggest ways of solving it.

Feb 6, 2023 7:48 AM in response to BDAqua

Unfortunately, when I click on Macsales, this turns out to her an American company operating in the US. As I'm in the UK I don't want the hassle of import duties, postage etc. I'd like to know if there's a British company selling the same range of products. I bought a Toshiba MQ01ABD050 500GB SATA 3GB/s 5400RPM 2.5 Inch 9.5mm Internal Hard Drive but having inserted this in my Elecife docking station it came up with a "Cannot Read Disc" error. I tried to initialise it and received a "failed" report. So I've returned it and will try an alternative. As I'm working completely in the dark I shall probably have to try several drives before I find one that works. Thank God Amazon has a generous returns policy.

Visit the Toshiba Store

Where can I buy a hard drive for an Elecife Type docking station for an M1 Mac Mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.