Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What can I do if my computer will not update to big sur

What can I do if updating to Big Sur is not an option on my Mac?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 1, 2023 10:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2023 12:22 PM

Select the Apple () menu > About this Mac, and compare the contents in parenthesis on that panel's product description line to macOS Big Sur is compatible with these computers - Apple Support. If your Mac is not among the compatible models, then you cannot upgrade to Big Sur from Catalina. You will need to continue using Catalina, or consider a newer (or Apple refurbished) Mac to qualify for a newer operating system.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 1, 2023 12:22 PM in response to Updatetobigsur

Select the Apple () menu > About this Mac, and compare the contents in parenthesis on that panel's product description line to macOS Big Sur is compatible with these computers - Apple Support. If your Mac is not among the compatible models, then you cannot upgrade to Big Sur from Catalina. You will need to continue using Catalina, or consider a newer (or Apple refurbished) Mac to qualify for a newer operating system.

What can I do if my computer will not update to big sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.