Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Fitness App and Apple Watch

I've read the previous strings and continue to be unable to connect my watch to my fitness app. I've installed, uninstalled the app, turned off and on in my health app on phone for the my fitness pal and I still am not showing them connected. I know I can manually add in the app exercise, however, that defeats the purpose of connecting to the watch and tracking the exercise from there. Ideas? Thank you.

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 1, 2023 12:06 PM

1 reply

Feb 3, 2023 5:28 PM in response to Kimincanadaalberta

Hi Kimincanadaalberta,

Is your Apple Watch actually connected to your iPhone?

"Check your Apple Watch connection

If you don't get notifications, messages, or calls on your Apple Watch, your Apple Watch and iPhone might not be connected. When your devices disconnect, the red iPhone icon  or the red X icon X icon appears on your watch face. You can also check your connection in Control Center. When your Apple Watch connects again, the green iPhone icon  appears.

First, bring your Apple Watch and paired iPhone close together. If you still see that the devices are disconnected and need help, try the steps below. After each step, see if your devices can connect."

You can find these steps along with other information that may be helpful, here: If your Apple Watch isn't connected or paired with your iPhone - Apple Support

If it is connected, you will want to try the steps in this resource to set up your Watch again: Unpair and erase your Apple Watch – Apple Support

1. "Keep your Apple Watch and iPhone close together as you unpair them.
  2. Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
  3. Go to the My Watch tab and tap All Watches.
  4. Tap the info button  next to the watch you want to unpair. 

5. Tap Unpair Apple Watch.

6. Tap Unpair [your Apple Watch name].

7. For GPS + Cellular models, choose whether to keep or remove your mobile data plan. 

• If you want to pair your Apple Watch and iPhone again, keep your plan. 
    • If you don't want to pair your Apple Watch and iPhone again, remove your plan. If you aren't going to pair with a different watch or iPhone, you may need to contact your network provider to cancel your mobile data subscription. 

8. Type your Apple ID password to disable Activation Lock, then tap Unpair. 

Before erasing all content and settings on your Apple Watch, your iPhone creates a new backup of your Apple Watch. You can use the backup to restore a new Apple Watch. After your Apple Watch unpairs, you'll see the Start Pairing message."

This will make sure you have cleared out any possible software issues with your watch.

If you still have questions, reach out to Apple Support directly, as this may require closer guidance: Get Support

Cheers!

My Fitness App and Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.