Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't get clips or photos to load on my timeline.

All of the sudden I'm having all kinds of trouble importing video and pictures into iMovie? They are in my project media area but when I go to drag them into the timeline, they will not take and I get the 'rejection' symbol. I have Ventura.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 13.1

Posted on Feb 1, 2023 5:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2023 6:42 PM

Are they possibly legacy media (older formats like .avi) that are not compatible with iMovie?

Also, try deleting preferences and see if that cures the problem. To delete preferences open iMovie while

holding down the Option and Command keys and select to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects. Possibly you may need to reboot to set

the changes.  Deleting preferences is a safe procedure that will not cause data loss or disruption to your project.

Another thing that you can try is to put your media into a newly created project and see if the media will import into the timeline of the new project.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 1, 2023 6:42 PM in response to derin147

Are they possibly legacy media (older formats like .avi) that are not compatible with iMovie?

Also, try deleting preferences and see if that cures the problem. To delete preferences open iMovie while

holding down the Option and Command keys and select to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects. Possibly you may need to reboot to set

the changes.  Deleting preferences is a safe procedure that will not cause data loss or disruption to your project.

Another thing that you can try is to put your media into a newly created project and see if the media will import into the timeline of the new project.

-- Rich

Can't get clips or photos to load on my timeline.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.