Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting Text Messages From A Favorite

In the messages app, if you want to delete a text message or conversation you simply swipe and hit delete. If, however, you have someone labeled as a favorite you can't just swipe and delete; the swipe option is not available.

So my question is, how do I delete all these messages?

Thank you.

Michael

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Feb 1, 2023 7:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2023 8:59 PM

I am able to delete any message conversation by Swiping Left and tapping on Delete. The only time that Swiping to Delete is not available is when the contact is Pinned at the top. I think this is what you meant that you cannot Swipe to Delete conversations/messages of a contact this is Pinned to the top.

Good news is that those messages can be deleted. Open the Messages app and then Touch and Hold on the contact name until you see a sub-menu open up. Tap on Delete (bottom) and that should take care of what you are asking for.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 1, 2023 8:59 PM in response to mas68

I am able to delete any message conversation by Swiping Left and tapping on Delete. The only time that Swiping to Delete is not available is when the contact is Pinned at the top. I think this is what you meant that you cannot Swipe to Delete conversations/messages of a contact this is Pinned to the top.

Good news is that those messages can be deleted. Open the Messages app and then Touch and Hold on the contact name until you see a sub-menu open up. Tap on Delete (bottom) and that should take care of what you are asking for.

Axel F.

Deleting Text Messages From A Favorite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.