Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I keep having Face ID issues. I’ve taken it to the place and they said they can’t fix it?

Is it gonna have troubles with the Face ID not working? Sometimes if I restart my phone, it works for a little bit and then stops. This has happened when it’s been cold out and then it last for days even though my phone is not been outside. I’ve taken it to the Apple Store and they said it’s really nothing they can do.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 2, 2023 6:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2023 6:46 AM

Apple has several documents helping you with Face ID.

This document is specific to seeing a 'disabled' Face ID alert, and explains what to do when you see that notice. --> If an alert says Face ID has been disabled on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

If you don't see a 'disabled' message but do have general issues with Face ID not working properly, explore the list of things to try in this document: If Face ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

If the first 8 don't solve the issue then use #9, contact Apple. If the people at an Apple Genius Bar can't find out what the problem is then I doubt there much we can do to help unless you embark on a long and detailed documentation of everything going on when this is happening. You said something about the weather which immediately makes me think of condensation on the lens.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2023 6:46 AM in response to NoFaceID

Apple has several documents helping you with Face ID.

This document is specific to seeing a 'disabled' Face ID alert, and explains what to do when you see that notice. --> If an alert says Face ID has been disabled on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

If you don't see a 'disabled' message but do have general issues with Face ID not working properly, explore the list of things to try in this document: If Face ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

If the first 8 don't solve the issue then use #9, contact Apple. If the people at an Apple Genius Bar can't find out what the problem is then I doubt there much we can do to help unless you embark on a long and detailed documentation of everything going on when this is happening. You said something about the weather which immediately makes me think of condensation on the lens.

I keep having Face ID issues. I’ve taken it to the place and they said they can’t fix it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.