Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery from 100% to 56% overnight?

Hi all - I've had this problem on my previous MB air and now this MB Pro.

The MBP was completely charged when I finished work last night (see screenshots!). I didn't shut down but closed it and took it off power supply.

Woke up this am, turned it on..56%.

What is draining the battery overnight?! I've also noticed when I shut down on Friday night completely charged, when I try to start on Monday am its almost fully drained, sometimes it won't even start until its connected to power for a bit because there is no battery at all. This is after being completely shut down.

What is going on?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.1

Posted on Feb 2, 2023 10:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2023 11:22 AM

Hello Again Dancehall7,

You can see what apps take and consume a lot of power and energy by following this Apple Support Article: View energy consumption in Activity Monitor on Mac – Apple Support (UK), You can use Activity Monitor to see which app is use all your energy!

If this continues I continues even if you try to address the issue. I recommend to contact Apple Support if you are within you Hardware Limited Warranty or have Apple Care since I am not an Apple Employee.

Best Wishes.

Paramveer

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2023 11:22 AM in response to Dancehall7

Hello Again Dancehall7,

You can see what apps take and consume a lot of power and energy by following this Apple Support Article: View energy consumption in Activity Monitor on Mac – Apple Support (UK), You can use Activity Monitor to see which app is use all your energy!

If this continues I continues even if you try to address the issue. I recommend to contact Apple Support if you are within you Hardware Limited Warranty or have Apple Care since I am not an Apple Employee.

Best Wishes.

Paramveer

Feb 2, 2023 10:41 AM in response to paramveersi124

I can see its drains, but where do I see WHAT is draining it?

When is sleeping nothing should be draining it that much?

Also when its SHUT DOWN why would the battery drain as well?

Look at Saturday to Sunday, I never even used it and energy usage was CRAZY with ZERO on screen usage.

Guess I want to know how to find out the app that is doing this.

Battery from 100% to 56% overnight?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.