Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Memory upgrade

Hi, I would like to know if it's possible to upgrade a MacBook Air mid 2012 11 inch, macOS Catalina, version 10.5.7 from a 4GB of RAM to 8GB? The reason why I'm asking is due to that on the website it says that it can be configurable to 8GB... Which I'm guessing they are referring to in the factory after the purchase right ? or is it possible to replace it ?

MacBook Air 11″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 2, 2023 8:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2023 8:36 PM

"Memory upgrade : Hi, I would like to know if it's possible to upgrade a MacBook Air mid 2012 11 inch, macOS Catalina, version 10.5.7 from a 4GB of RAM to 8GB? The reason why I'm asking is due to that on the website it says that it can be configurable to 8GB... Which I'm guessing they are referring to in the factory after the purchase right ? or is it possible to replace it ?"

-------

Upgrading RAM:

No. Upgrading the RAM is not an option, being that your Mac model (MacBook Air mid 2012 11 inch) is made to operate as an all-in-one device. All hardware is soldered into the LogicBoard.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2023 8:36 PM in response to StephenTCastro

"Memory upgrade : Hi, I would like to know if it's possible to upgrade a MacBook Air mid 2012 11 inch, macOS Catalina, version 10.5.7 from a 4GB of RAM to 8GB? The reason why I'm asking is due to that on the website it says that it can be configurable to 8GB... Which I'm guessing they are referring to in the factory after the purchase right ? or is it possible to replace it ?"

-------

Upgrading RAM:

No. Upgrading the RAM is not an option, being that your Mac model (MacBook Air mid 2012 11 inch) is made to operate as an all-in-one device. All hardware is soldered into the LogicBoard.

Memory upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.