Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my notes disappeared on my mac and iphone, they're not in the deleted folder nor on iCloud where they should be backed up. Is there anything that can be done ?

My most important notes disappeared on my macbook, I un-synced iCloud first to try to retrieve it but as soon as I opened it on my iPhone it also disappeared. I've tried everything suggested on the community so far (searching, going into the deleted folder but it's not on any of my devices and other methods but I wasn’t successful) the size was pretty important which might be why it crashed.

Is there anything that can be done and for the people it happened to did you ever recover said notes ?

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 2, 2023 11:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2023 5:49 AM

Where were the Notes? See the pic below. You will get your answer

The recently deleted folder will exist only if you deleted Notes from iCloud or from the "On My Phone" Folder. Deletion from other Folders does not use Recently Deleted Sub-Folder.

Please see the following pic which is self-explanatory

If you're missing notes on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2023 5:49 AM in response to kimbémbé

Where were the Notes? See the pic below. You will get your answer

The recently deleted folder will exist only if you deleted Notes from iCloud or from the "On My Phone" Folder. Deletion from other Folders does not use Recently Deleted Sub-Folder.

Please see the following pic which is self-explanatory

If you're missing notes on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Feb 3, 2023 6:30 AM in response to SravanKrA

Hi!

Thank you for your answer, I already saw one of your replies under another question which is what I tried first. The notes were on iCloud and on my macbook notes folder yet also disappeared while I was in my iCloud folder on my iPhone.

I find it strange that it didn't immediately end up in any of the Recently Deleted folders (I've checked all the folders multiple times)

Some people mentioned that it could be related to the size of the file as well ?

my notes disappeared on my mac and iphone, they're not in the deleted folder nor on iCloud where they should be backed up. Is there anything that can be done ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.