Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

saving to desktop without pesky iCloud interference

Just got a new laptop with Ventura and just like that my local files are all saving to iCloud as default. And, of course, iCloud is full after hardly any time at all and I need to purchase more storage, which I won't do because I already have other cloud storage and don't want to splinter yet again. HELP!! Is there a way to stop auto saving to iCloud without Apple's ridiculous default that desktop files and docs disappear when the sync option is turned off?

MacBook Air 11″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Feb 3, 2023 7:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2023 8:22 AM

If you have desktop and documents enabled many of your apps will save to those locations, which are then uploaded to iCloud. You can disable desktop and documents if you do not want that behavior. Files in those locations are then found in iCloud Drive and you can simply drag them wherever you would like.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2023 8:22 AM in response to SBCT

If you have desktop and documents enabled many of your apps will save to those locations, which are then uploaded to iCloud. You can disable desktop and documents if you do not want that behavior. Files in those locations are then found in iCloud Drive and you can simply drag them wherever you would like.

saving to desktop without pesky iCloud interference

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.