Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disabled

I have been disabled. Why? And, how can I become undisabled?

iPhone XR, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 3, 2023 9:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2023 10:01 AM

Hello,

I see you may have a disabled account, but have not provided the exact error message which would indicate a specific solution. The support article If your Apple ID is locked or disabled - Apple Support has solutions for two frequently encountered reasons for an account to be disabled/locked:

● If the message says "your account has been 'disabled in the App Store and iTunes Store" or "locked" then you must contact Apple; you cannot resolve this yourself. Apple provides a link for this specific issue. Tap or click here --> Apple Support .

● If your account has been disabled for security reasons the solution is to reset your password as outlined in this document: If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

If you are unsuccessful you may need to request account recovery as outlined in this document How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support , or additional assistance from Apple Security: Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

If it's another reason then post here with details.

If instead you mean a disabled device, see If you see an iPhone or iPad unavailable message or Security Lockout screen - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2023 10:01 AM in response to rhea3303

Hello,

I see you may have a disabled account, but have not provided the exact error message which would indicate a specific solution. The support article If your Apple ID is locked or disabled - Apple Support has solutions for two frequently encountered reasons for an account to be disabled/locked:

● If the message says "your account has been 'disabled in the App Store and iTunes Store" or "locked" then you must contact Apple; you cannot resolve this yourself. Apple provides a link for this specific issue. Tap or click here --> Apple Support .

● If your account has been disabled for security reasons the solution is to reset your password as outlined in this document: If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

If you are unsuccessful you may need to request account recovery as outlined in this document How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support , or additional assistance from Apple Security: Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

If it's another reason then post here with details.

If instead you mean a disabled device, see If you see an iPhone or iPad unavailable message or Security Lockout screen - Apple Support

Disabled

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.