Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restore 2015 Macbook Air without Apple ID

Howdy.

I bought a 2015 Macbook Air on OfferUp very cheap because the young girl did not remember the computer password AND did not know the Apple ID or password associated with it. It was a gift. I got very little information. I do know it was NOT stolen. Very nice house, etc:)

How would I restore to factory settings? There are so many conflicting instructions online. Am I out of luck and using this for parts? Would it help to call Apple and explain? Thanks guys!

MacBook Air 13″

Posted on Feb 3, 2023 12:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2023 7:07 PM

Ideally, ask the seller to comply with What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac - Apple Support. Those steps are not optional and are required to ensure you will not encounter difficulties using it or updating it in the future.

If that is not an option, then proceed with those instructions beginning at Step 8. If you are asked for an Apple ID password or a firmware password or anything else that prevents you from proceeding, you will be unable to proceed and that Mac will be effectively useless.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2023 7:07 PM in response to Urbaneness

Ideally, ask the seller to comply with What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac - Apple Support. Those steps are not optional and are required to ensure you will not encounter difficulties using it or updating it in the future.

If that is not an option, then proceed with those instructions beginning at Step 8. If you are asked for an Apple ID password or a firmware password or anything else that prevents you from proceeding, you will be unable to proceed and that Mac will be effectively useless.

Restore 2015 Macbook Air without Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.