Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Weather app on Apple Watch problems

I turn off my Apple Watch at night (I’m retired so don’t need notifications). When I turn it on in the morning the weather defaults to Cupertino. I then have to left swipe to delete it. Once that is done one of my cities will appear. If I have only one city it gets deleted on my phone and have to reinstall it. Seems like every day the problem is different. Not sure which city is going to show up. May or may not get deleted on my phone. Any recommendations to fix the problem?

Posted on Feb 3, 2023 6:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2023 6:20 PM

The first (and simplest) thing to try if something isn’t working right is to restart your Apple Watch and its paired iPhone. If necessary (device not responding), try a forced restart. Both methods can be found here:

How to restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

If that doesn't help, the next steps would be to unpair and pair your watch again and restore from the backup just created. This should result in no loss of data. It deletes all temp and corrupted files and re-indexes the file system.

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2023 6:20 PM in response to Richoxblue

The first (and simplest) thing to try if something isn’t working right is to restart your Apple Watch and its paired iPhone. If necessary (device not responding), try a forced restart. Both methods can be found here:

How to restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

If that doesn't help, the next steps would be to unpair and pair your watch again and restore from the backup just created. This should result in no loss of data. It deletes all temp and corrupted files and re-indexes the file system.

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Feb 12, 2023 8:10 AM in response to javaliga

Well after trying all the above with no results I thought about it and tried this. I figured what if I added Cupertino and New York to my list of cities? When I did that my watch still defaulted to Cupertino on startup but all of my other cities showed up instead of being hidden. Now I just have to pick my city from the list that now shows up where it didn’t before. Not a perfect solution but better than what I had to go through before.

Weather app on Apple Watch problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.