Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music is not a part of my life. How do I delete Apple Music from my Mac?

I have used a Mac as my main computer for more than ten years and never used the iTunes or Apple Music app. I never listen to streaming music and have never downloaded a single mp3 file.

Music (the app, as well as the real-world art) is just not a part of my life.

But when I have my Sony WH-1000XM3 headphones on for noise cancellation or to follow some youtube video commentary, oftentimes a stray touch on the headphone's control surface will cause Apple Music to pop up.

How do I delete Apple's Music from my Mac?

I tried to drag the Music icon to the Bin (Trash) but that doesn't seem to work.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Feb 3, 2023 7:16 PM

2 replies

Feb 6, 2023 11:13 AM in response to prbsl

Hello prbsl,

If you would like to delete an app or program on your Mac, this page explains how to do that: Uninstall apps on your Mac. Follow this guidance:

"Use the Finder to delete apps

1. Switch to the Finder, such as by clicking your desktop or the Finder icon in the Dock.
      2. Select the app that you want to delete.
      3. Most apps are in your Applications folder, which you can open by clicking Applications in the sidebar of any Finder window. Or choose Go > Applications from the menu bar in the Finder.
      4. Use any of these ways to move the app to the Trash:
      • Drag the app to the Trash.
      • Select the app and choose File > Move to Trash from the menu bar.
      • Select the app and press Command-Delete on your keyboard.

5. If you're asked for a user name and password, enter the name and password of an administrator account on your Mac. This is usually the name and password you use to log in to your Mac.

6. To delete the app after moving it to the Trash, choose Finder > Empty Trash.

If you can't move an app to the Trash: You can't use the Finder to delete apps that are required by your Mac, such as many of the apps installed by macOS."

We hope this helps. Let us know if we can assist with anything else at all. Take care.

Music is not a part of my life. How do I delete Apple Music from my Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.